First stop on Woodhouse Lane is the former Blenheim Baptist Chapel of 1858, although the records show that the clock is another Potts (recognise the pattern on the face by now?) of 1898.
Just up the road is the imposing site of the Parkinson Building. Faced in Portland stone, the tower is a landmark that can be seen for miles around. The building forms part of Leeds University, opening in this role in 1951 having spent the war years in national service.
Further up Woodhouse Lane is The Library pub
Another familiar face / dial - a Potts clock of 1901. And a good start to this trip with three working clocks in a row.
No prizes for guessing that it was not originally built as a pub. It was once a library and police station, with some clear physical evidence remaining of its former use.
Deviating off Woodhouse Lane, the disused St Mark's church can be found on St Mark's Road.
And not far away (although it can be seen from a long way off) is Quarry Mount School. They certainly don't build clock towers like this on schools any more.
The clock is another Potts product (well they are Potts of Leeds) of 1884.
The next stop is unfortunately a clock that is no longer. This is rather ironic given the name of the premises, but perhaps it has merely been taken away for repair. Any news on this would be welcomed.
And so on to Devonshire Hall, located on Cumberland Road off the main road (which has now changed from Woodhouse Lane into Headingley Lane).
This group of buildings of various vintages are halls of residence for Leeds University. The clock tower itself dates from 1928, with a Potts clock installed in 1930.
Staying on the education theme, the Leeds Girls' High School moved to a site on the opposite side of Headingley Lane in 1905/06, but now seems to moved on again. The buildings are in a derelict state. A big thank you to the security guards who were happy to let me on to the site to take a picture of this rather sorry looking clock.
A bit further up Headingley Lane is the remarkable Hinsley Hall of 1867. This is a Roman Catholic Diocesan office and education centre, with a rather odd but truly wonderful clock tower.
And a little further up the road (the A660 Woodhouse Lane / Headingley Lane has turned out to be fertile ground for clock hunting) is the church of St Michael.
It is now time to swing off the main road into Kirkstall Road to go past Headingley stadium, home of both cricket and rugby. The cricket ground has this quite simple clock dedicated to Dickie Bird.
And finally on to St Stephen's. The church has a rather outsized clockface, but because it is now surrounded by mature trees you can only tell that there is a clock there at all when you are close and and directly facing it.