The Victoria zone is dominated by the eponymous shopping centre. Outside of the centre is the clock tower that is now all that remains of the Midland station. The clock tower, built 1898 - 90, is now dwarfed by the flats above the shopping centre. The contrast between the architectural styles is stark.
The inside of the Victoria shopping centre is the usual mind-numbing tedium of such places. The only relief (apart from the exits!) is the Rowland Emett clock of 1973, known as the Aqua Horological Tintinnabulator.
Adjoining the shopping centre is another bus station, smaller than Broadmarsh and with similar level of clock interest:
And the final clock in the Victoria zone is a stopped one over a motorbike shop on the corner of Huntingdon Street and Kent Street.
And so one to the last of the city centre zones, Lace Market.
St Mary's on High Pavement is the second largest parish church in Nottinghamshire, and originally dates from the 12th century.
Lace Market is the home of two really nice shop clocks, even though one is a relic from an occupier that has now long-gone. W. Taylor jeweller is on Carlton Street.....
.... whilst the Lewis and Grundy clock is on the nearby Victoria Street. The original ironmongers (hence the blacksmith automatons above the clock) has now been replaced by a bar, and unfortunately the clock is not working. But a splendid clock never-the-less.
Just round the corner on the junction of Pelham Street and High Street is this clock over Zara:
The final clock in the Lace Market zone is at the Victoria Leisure Centre (which like Victoria Street is not in the Victoria zone, but life can't always be logical). The centre was originally built in 1895-96, but has been updated with a modern extension. The centre is on Bath Street.
That's the city centre completed. Just the outer areas to go....